This is THIRTY!
It’s going to be hard to say goodbye to 29. This year I got engaged to my best friend, I started a new job while continuing to grow my business, I bought my second home, and I travelled throughout Poland, Slovakia, Budapest, Prague, Vienna, Germany, and Italy (rounding out at 30 countries by age 30, a goal of mine). In my 20’s I found self-love, developed transformative habits to live a healthier and happier life, grew both personally and professionally, and I found myself and my purpose. I learned how to love and be loved and that sharing delicious food with great company trumps a six pack any day.
Last year on my 29th birthday, I blogged the 29 things I’ve learned. Today, as I welcome a new decade, continue to honor my Dad's memory, and reflect on the past, I’m adding 1 more item to my list.
1. It's okay not to be okay.
2. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
3. The difference between happy people and unhappy people is their level of gratitude.
4. You don't know everything.
5. Life isn't always fair, but it is good.
6. It's okay to say no. No matter how hard you try, you simply can't do everything.
7. Smile more, worry less.
8. Friendships change over time and that's okay.
9. Collect moments with the ones you love, not things.
10. You might not have everything figured out and that's okay.
11. Stop complaining over the things you can't control - let it go and embrace change.
12. Actions speak louder than words.
13. What doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
14. Strive for progress not perfection
15. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
16. Eliminate the toxins in your life.
17. Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.
18. Invest in yourself and follow your passions.
19. Nothing will work unless you do.
20. Great things never come from comfort zones.
21. If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.
22. Stop comparing yourself to others, it's not a competition.
23. Be yourself unapologetically, you are enough.
24. Self-love is not a byproduct of weight loss.
25. It's not selfish to take care of yourself.
26. "We accept the love we think we deserve.”
27. "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.”
28. Health is a journey, not a destination.
29. There's no rule book or time frame for grief. It never ends, but it changes. It is not a sign of weakness, but the price of love.
30. You are the only person in charge of your happiness.
+ 1 for good luck
31. Laughing and I mean deep belly, pee-your-pants kind of laughing, is and will always be the best form of therapy.
You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life. And being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to look past the imperfections. I have found the greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are and the second is being happy with what you find. I am beyond excited to enter this new decade and for what's to come. The level of gratitude I feel about the life I have built is infinite. Every single day my intention is to appreciate the good with the bad. So if you're reading this: thank you for being a part of my life and here's to the next 30 years!
Stay Balanced xo,